RTRlib - The RPKI RTR Client C Library
The RTRlib is an open-source C implementation of the RPKI/Router Protocol client. The library allows to fetch and store validated prefix origin data from a RTR-cache and performs origin verification of prefixes. It supports different types of transport sessions (e.g., SSH, unprotected TCP) and is easily extendable.
The RTRlib is useful for developers of routing software but also for network operators. Developers can integrate the RTRlib into the BGP daemon to extend their implementation towards RPKI. Network operators may use the RTRlib to develop monitoring tools (e.g., to check the proper operation of caches or to evaluate their performance).
If you use RTRlib in a scientific context, please use the following citation.
December 28, 2014
- RTRlib Version 0.3 released ( Download)
- Added support for IETF draft draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-rtr-rfc6810-bis-02
- Source address for RTR connection can be configured
- Minor changes of the library API (see doxygen documentation)
- We are migrating to Github. For new tickets, please use https://github.com/rtrlib/rtrlib/issues
October 16, 2013
- RTRlib Version 0.2.3 released (Download)
August 4, 2013
- We will present RTRlib at the 6th Workshop on Cyber Security Experimentation and Test (CSET '13), which will be held in conjunction with USENIX Security 2013.
June 13, 2013
June 13, 2013
- We moved the Git repository to GitHub: https://github.com/rtrlib/RTRlib.git
February 26, 2013
- Short talk about RTRlib at NDSS 2013
February 25, 2013
- Firefox Add-on online, which performs prefix origin validation of the requested web server's IP prefix: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/rpki-validator/ In the backend we use RTRlib ;).
June 14, 2012
- RTRlib Version 0.2.2 released (Download)
- Fixed a bug in IPv6 address operations that caused that some IPv6 records couldn't be added to the pfx_table
February 19, 2012
- RTRlib Version 0.2.1 released (Download)
- Nonce variable renamed to session_id to conform with draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-rtr-26
- Warning message added if the Zero field of a prefix PDU doesn't contain 0
- pfx_validate_r function added, returns list of prefixes which affected the validation state BGP route
- Fixed bug in lpfst_remove that could cause that an pfx_record in the pfx_table could not be found.
- Added state rollback to the prefix synchronization function to assure that the last correct state is recovered if an error occurs during synchronization
- Few smaller bugfixes and debug formatting corrections
January 8, 2012
- Internet Draft RPKI Router Implementation Report online
December 21, 2011
- Short note on RIPE Labs about preliminary measurements with our RTRlib
November 28, 2011
- RTRlib Version 0.2 released
RTRlib 0.2 is available via git or as tar.gz archive in our Download section.
- Support of RTR-Server failover mechanisms (RTR manager component implemented)
- Automatic reconnect of rtr_socket in case of errors
- Implements current RTR drafts draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-rtr-19 and draft-ietf-sidr-pfx-validate-03
- Many bug fixes
- New documentation: RTRlib Usage.
- Publicly accessible RTR-Server online.
- The service is for testing purposes and reachable via TCP and SSH. For details see Usage.
September 7, 2011
- Short note on RIPE Labs about our beta release
August 31, 2011
- The first version of the RTRlib has been released!
You can download RTRlib 0.1 here.
July 24, 2011
- Website online & API documentation available for discussion